Wednesday, April 14, 2010

About "Spare Thyme"

Over the last few months I have grown obsessed with reading food blogs, most of which I find through tastespotting.com. I love to cook and I've always enjoyed watching food shows, but I have come across so many new and interesting things through individuals personal food blogs than other sources have provided me. So, I've decided to embark on a blogging journey of my own after acting as an enthusiastic observer for some time now.

"Spare Thyme" seemed like an appropriate name for multiple reasons - first, because I love puns and second because I am a law student whose time isn't always well apportioned, but I'm in the kitchen when the opportunity presents itself. Law school makes me miss writing creatively, but hopefully this will be enjoyable for myself and a few readers along the way.

I've been interested in cooking and baking since I was very young and I have a habit of improvising a lot in the kitchen. Until recently I almost never followed recipes, but I've realized that my skills will only improve so much without learning some fundamentals. I try to make things that are healthy, but keep in mind the adage: "Everything in moderation, including moderation."

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment