Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crunch Time Equals Munch Time

Ok, starting a blog a couple of weeks before finals may not have been my most brilliant idea ever. I am halfway through the two-week finals stretch and looking forward to feeling a little less stressed out, getting back into my usual cooking routine and gracing the lovely people of the YMCA with my presence again in about a week. But until then I'm doing a bit more frozen food, quick snacks and fast food (sigh) than I would like to be. I thought I would share a few of my more decadent snacks that I have been grabbing in between making flash cards and outlining.


Whole Wheat Toast with Nutella and Bananas

Ingredients:

1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted (I use the Sara Lee 45 calorie variety)
1/2 tablespoon nutella
1/2 of a small banana

Method:

My only real commentary is that I highly suggest measuring the nutella. Two tablespoons of that stuff is 200 calories and 11 grams of fat! But really, 1/2 of a tablespoon is plenty (especially if you have smaller bread slices). This is a nice little snack if you are in the mood for something sugary, filling and not too terribly bad for you.




Kashi Party Cracker with Cucumber, Tzatziki and Smoked Salmon

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. tzatziki (or cream cheese)
1 slice cucumber
1 small strip of smoked salmon
fresh cracked pepper, to taste

These crackers are awesome. They are so flavorful and you can eat four for 130 calories, but I usually just have two with some cheese or hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment