Sunday, May 16, 2010

Strawberry Spinach Salad

I have always found the whole fruit-in-salad thing really strange. But I am trying to broaden my horizons and thank goodness, because this is amazing. I even made myself another strawberry salad for lunch the next day. You could certainly do this with arugula and I'm sure there are other greens that would go well, but I thought the spinach went really well with all of the other flavors. If you like the ingredients in this, I highly recommend giving it a try - hopefully you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was. If you're feeding a crowd you'll probably want to double the recipe (at least).



Strawberry Spinach Salad

Ingredients:

4.5 ounces (1/2 bag) spinach
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup feta (goat cheese would also work)
1/4 cup pecan halves
Juice of one lemon
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt, to taste
fresh pepper, to taste

Method:
1. Toss the spinach, strawberries, feta and pecans.
2. Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until combined. If you want some extra-lemony dressing add some lemon zest.
3. Pour the dressing over immediately before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment